Former Miss World lodges FIR against husband for domestic violence
Earlier a number of non-cognisable offences were registered against her husband after repeated complaints by Yukta.
Former Miss World and actress Yukta Mookhey has lodged an FIR against her husband Prince Tuli for alleged domestic violence, the police said on Friday. "In her complaint, Mookhey alleged she had often been beaten up and troubled by her husband Prince Tuli. An FIR has been registered under Section 498A (cruelty and harassment) and Section 377 (unnatural sex) of Indian Penal Code after her complaint on Thursday," an officer at Amboli police station said.
Tuli is a New York-based businessman and financial consultant. The actress was medically examined after her complaint, the police said. No arrest has been made so far, the police said. Earlier a number of non-cognisable offences were registered against Tuli at the police station after repeated complaints by Mookhey.
A non-cogniaable offence is one in which the police can neither register an FIR, investigate nor effect arrest without the express permission or direction from the court. Mookhey was crowned Miss World in December 1999 at the Olympia Theatre in London at the age of 20. Later, she acted in a few Bollywood movies.
Tuli's family owns a business empire in Central India with interests in logistics, hotels, malls, education and construction equipment.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw