Former UK govt employee to be AgustaWestland India head
The post was lying vacant for over a year. Jackie Callicut has also served in India previously in her capacity as a UK govt employee.
New Delhi: AgustaWestland, which is surrounded by controversies over the VVIP chopper deal, is appointing a former British Government employee Jackie Callicut as its India head, a post which was vacant for over a year. Callicut has also served in India in her capacity as a British Government employee and has also dealt with Defence Ministry operations in her country, officials said on Monday.
The affairs of AgustaWestland in India were earlier being looked after by Paulo Girasole who left India in 2012. The controversial deal for supplying 12 AW-101 helicopters to the IAF were signed during his tenure as head of Finmeccanica, which is the owner of the Anglo-Italian AgustaWestland.
AgustaWestland is facing a CBI probe after the arrest of its former CEOs Guiseppe Orsi and Bruno Spagnolini in connection with payment of kickbacks to the tune of Rs 362 crore in the VVIP chopper deal.
CBI has named the former CEOs of the company in its FIR in the case along with former IAF Chief SP Tyagi and his three cousins. The Defence Ministry has already issued a show cause notice to the company asking it as to why the deal should not be cancelled in view of the charges against it.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology