Former UK govt employee to be AgustaWestland India head
The post was lying vacant for over a year. Jackie Callicut has also served in India previously in her capacity as a UK govt employee.
New Delhi: AgustaWestland, which is surrounded by controversies over the VVIP chopper deal, is appointing a former British Government employee Jackie Callicut as its India head, a post which was vacant for over a year. Callicut has also served in India in her capacity as a British Government employee and has also dealt with Defence Ministry operations in her country, officials said on Monday.
The affairs of AgustaWestland in India were earlier being looked after by Paulo Girasole who left India in 2012. The controversial deal for supplying 12 AW-101 helicopters to the IAF were signed during his tenure as head of Finmeccanica, which is the owner of the Anglo-Italian AgustaWestland.
AgustaWestland is facing a CBI probe after the arrest of its former CEOs Guiseppe Orsi and Bruno Spagnolini in connection with payment of kickbacks to the tune of Rs 362 crore in the VVIP chopper deal.
CBI has named the former CEOs of the company in its FIR in the case along with former IAF Chief SP Tyagi and his three cousins. The Defence Ministry has already issued a show cause notice to the company asking it as to why the deal should not be cancelled in view of the charges against it.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- SpaceX Chief Elon Musk Unveils Plans That Could Take Humans to Mars Very Soon
- Delhi Minister Satyendra Jain Alleges BJP Conspiracy Behind Income Tax Notice
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan
- Shoe Hurled at Rahul Gandhi in UP; He Blames BJP, RSS