Former Under-19 cricketer arrested for murder
The youth was allegedly shot dead by cricketer Vipin Giri with the help of three accomplices on November 9.
Meerut: A former member of the Maharashtra Under-19 cricket squad and another man have been arrested for allegedly abducting and murdering a youth. Keshav, a resident of Jagriti Vihar locality, was allegedly shot dead by cricketer Vipin Giri (22) with the help of three accomplices on November 9 after they abducted him, Superintendent of Police Om Prakash said on Thursday.
Giri, who was a neighbour to Keshav's family, and one of his accomplices and driver, Ankit, have allegedly confessed to the crime during interrogation. The four took 21-year-old Keshav to Bulandshehar district and shot him, disposing of the body in a nearby canal, he said. Efforts are still on to recover the body, police said, adding that the two other accused are absconding.
A property dispute is said to be the reason behind the killing. The deceased's father Govind Pal Singh, a retired employee of the Irrigation Department, is currently working as a private contractor.
- India Jumps 16 Places in Global Competitiveness Index
- SpaceX Chief Elon Musk Unveils Plans That Could Take Humans to Mars Very Soon
- Saamna Cartoonist Expresses Regret Over Cartoon That Triggered Protests
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk Promises 'Fun' Trip to Mars Colony
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan
- Houston Shooting: At least 9 Injured, Gunman Dead