Former Under-19 cricketer arrested for murder
The youth was allegedly shot dead by cricketer Vipin Giri with the help of three accomplices on November 9.
Meerut: A former member of the Maharashtra Under-19 cricket squad and another man have been arrested for allegedly abducting and murdering a youth. Keshav, a resident of Jagriti Vihar locality, was allegedly shot dead by cricketer Vipin Giri (22) with the help of three accomplices on November 9 after they abducted him, Superintendent of Police Om Prakash said on Thursday.
Giri, who was a neighbour to Keshav's family, and one of his accomplices and driver, Ankit, have allegedly confessed to the crime during interrogation. The four took 21-year-old Keshav to Bulandshehar district and shot him, disposing of the body in a nearby canal, he said. Efforts are still on to recover the body, police said, adding that the two other accused are absconding.
A property dispute is said to be the reason behind the killing. The deceased's father Govind Pal Singh, a retired employee of the Irrigation Department, is currently working as a private contractor.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology