Four accused in gang rape case sent to judicial custody
The girl, who hailed from a village in Ranchi district, had alleged that the four youths had raped her near Getalsud dam.
Ranchi: A local court on Friday sent four persons to judicial custody for 14 days in connection with the gang rape of a college girl, who had committed suicide following the incident. The four persons were arrested on Thursday, a day after the girl committed suicide by setting herself on fire.
The girl, who had committed suicide on March 20, 2013, in her death statement had identified them as her 'lover' Vritranjan Prasad and his friends Utam Mahto, Gouri Shankar, Munda and J Kujur.
The girl, who hailed from a village in Ranchi district, had alleged that the four youths had raped her near Getalsud dam on the outskirts of Ranchi on March 17, 2013.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right