DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Four of a family seriously injured as radio explodes
Nimbalkar, who noticed the radio abandoned in a bus, took it home and was trying to replace its battery, when it exploded.
Aurangabad: Four members of a family, including a minor boy, were seriously injured when a radio set exploded at their residence in Koregaon village of Kaij tehsil of Beed district this afternoon, police said. Bus conductor AR Nimbalkar (35), his wife Usha (30), mother Kusum (53) and two-year-son old Kunal were seriously injured in the incident, police said.
Nimbalkar, who was on duty in Mumbai-Ambejogai bus, noticed a radio set abandoned in the bus when all the passengers got down. He took the radio home and while trying to replace its battery pack it exploded, police added.
According to them, the sound of the explosion could be heard as far as three kilometers away from the spot. The injured have been admitted to Swami Ramanand Teerth (SRT) hospital in the town, police said. Dr Rakesh Jadhav, who is attending the injured at the hospital, said that eyes of the injured were severely damaged in the incident and they were operated upon immediately.
Meanwhile, teams of forensic experts and ATS have reached the spot, sources said. IG Ritesh Kumar, SP Dattatraya Mandalik visited the site and sniffer dogs have been pressed into service, police said. Maharashtra Home minister RR Patil has issued instructions to remain alert, senior police officers said.
The radio and the batteries have been seized for further investigation, they said.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO