Four Tamil fishermen attacked by Sri Lankan navy
The fishermen, Selvam, Mariappan, Vijayakuamr and Soundirarajan of Vellapallam fishing hamlet were fishing about four nautical miles south-east off Kodiakarai.
Nagapattinam: Four fishermen from the district were allegedly attacked by Sri Lankan Navy personnel with wooden logs while they were fishing off Kodiakarai coast in a mechanised boat, official sources said here on Thursday. The fishermen, who went for fishing on Wednesday, returned on Thursday morning and have been admitted to a government hospital with injuries, they said.
The fishermen, Selvam, Mariappan, Vijayakuamr and Soundirarajan of Vellapallam fishing hamlet were fishing about four nautical miles south-east off Kodiakarai on Wednesday when the Sri Lankan Navy personnel arrived there in a speed boat and attacked them with wooden logs, besides destroying their catch, they added.
The navy had last week arrested 56 Tamil fishermen on charges of poaching in the Sri Lankan waters.
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special
- MNS Defiant Despite Rajnath's Assurance to Bollywood: Time to Arrest Raj Thackeray?
- Film Industry Divided? No Way, Says Salim Khan
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18