DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Four Vidarbha farmers commit suicide
Four farmers have committed suicide in the Washim district of Vidarbha in the past few days, said the police.
New Delhi: Four farmers have committed suicide in the Washim district of Vidarbha in the past few days, said the police.
While a young farmer, Baban Fakira Bhimte, a resident of Krishna village in the bordering Washim district, committed suicide by consuming poison, a 40-year-old farmer, Gajanan Namdeo Tank, from Junibasti Murtizapur Tahsil town in the district, hanged himself from a ceiling fan.
In other incidents, two other farmers, Ramesh Yadavrao Nemane from Pasarni village in the district, and a 50-year-old farmer, Janrao Bhimrao Wankhade from Ramtek village, took their own lives.
Extreme indebtedness is said to be the cause of the suicides. Two relief packages have been announced for Vidarbha since December, but the suicides continue.
All the cases have been registered as accidental deaths, the police added.
(With Agency inputs)
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- England vs South Africa, 1st ODI: As It Happened
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish