Four Vidarbha farmers commit suicide
Four farmers have committed suicide in the Washim district of Vidarbha in the past few days, said the police.
New Delhi: Four farmers have committed suicide in the Washim district of Vidarbha in the past few days, said the police.
While a young farmer, Baban Fakira Bhimte, a resident of Krishna village in the bordering Washim district, committed suicide by consuming poison, a 40-year-old farmer, Gajanan Namdeo Tank, from Junibasti Murtizapur Tahsil town in the district, hanged himself from a ceiling fan.
In other incidents, two other farmers, Ramesh Yadavrao Nemane from Pasarni village in the district, and a 50-year-old farmer, Janrao Bhimrao Wankhade from Ramtek village, took their own lives.
Extreme indebtedness is said to be the cause of the suicides. Two relief packages have been announced for Vidarbha since December, but the suicides continue.
All the cases have been registered as accidental deaths, the police added.
(With Agency inputs)
- Congress Hits Out at CM Fadnavis Over 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Release, Calls Him 'Broker'
- Tata Sons Appoints Ralf Speth, N Chandrasekaran on Board
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Bigg Boss, Day 9: Luxury Budget Task BB Laundry Creates Havoc In The House
- Watch: The News That Wasn't With Cyrus Broacha
- Clinton Policy on Syria Would Lead to World War Three: Donald Trump
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out