Four Vidarbha farmers commit suicide
Four farmers have committed suicide in the Washim district of Vidarbha in the past few days, said the police.
New Delhi: Four farmers have committed suicide in the Washim district of Vidarbha in the past few days, said the police.
While a young farmer, Baban Fakira Bhimte, a resident of Krishna village in the bordering Washim district, committed suicide by consuming poison, a 40-year-old farmer, Gajanan Namdeo Tank, from Junibasti Murtizapur Tahsil town in the district, hanged himself from a ceiling fan.
In other incidents, two other farmers, Ramesh Yadavrao Nemane from Pasarni village in the district, and a 50-year-old farmer, Janrao Bhimrao Wankhade from Ramtek village, took their own lives.
Extreme indebtedness is said to be the cause of the suicides. Two relief packages have been announced for Vidarbha since December, but the suicides continue.
All the cases have been registered as accidental deaths, the police added.
(With Agency inputs)
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone