Foxconn, Mozilla to jointly unveil new Firefox OS devices on June 3
Reports have surfaced claiming that Mozilla and Foxconn Technology Group will be hosting a joint press event in Taipei on June 3.
New Delhi: Mozilla, which recently debuted with its nascent Firefox OS, is now all set to join hands with Foxconn, which builds devices for a spate of tech giants including Apple and Sony.
Reports have surfaced claiming that Mozilla and Foxconn Technology Group will be hosting a joint press event in Taipei on June 3. During the event, both companies will formally announce their coalition. "Mozilla will welcome the 19th partner to its Firefox OS alliance," reported the Verge.
Speculations are rife that latest Firefox OS products will be displayed at the event.
"As our production capacity has grown to such a large scale and existing major-brand customers offer limited order growth, we need to actively expand our client base to help increase our manufacturing volume," The Wall Street Journal quoted an executive as saying.
It seems that June is going to be a big month for tech news. We have already heard of events by Apple, Samsung and Microsoft to be held in June.
- Watch: The News That Wasn't With Cyrus Broacha
- Tata Sons Appoints Ralf Speth, N Chandrasekaran on Board
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Uri Attack: JuD Claims Responsibility For The Terror Assault, Pak Under Pressure
- US Asks Pak to Act Against Terror Groups Who Attack Neighbours
- Pakistan Selectors Name Unchanged Squad for 3rd Test Against West Indies
- India can Produce up to 492 nuclear Bombs, Claims Pakistan Think-tank