Fragrance company files a lawsuit against Selena Gomez
Fragrance company Adrenalina Inc. has filed a lawsuit against singer Selena Gomez for not binding to her contract.
Los Angeles: Fragrance company Adrenalina Inc. has filed a lawsuit against singer Selena Gomez for not binding to her contract.
Adrenalina Inc. claims Gomez had signed a deal with the company in 2011. The deal gave them allowance to develop fragrance products using her name.
However, Gomez and her agent reportedly ended the relationship with the company without giving a valid reason. She even refused to show up for the products' promotions, reports tmz.com.
The company has already spent more than $2 million in marketing alone.
Adrenalina Inc. is not only suing Gomez for damages, but the company also wants a court order that would prevent Gomez from pulling out of the deal.
But her spokesperson has said the claims are 'ridiculous'.
"Any claim that Gomez did not meet her promotional obligations is ridiculous, manufactured after Adrenalina was terminated. Gomez will vigorously defend this lawsuit, and will soon bring her own lawsuit against Adrenalina for millions in damages," Michael Weinsten, an attorney for Gomez, said.
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution
- Rahul Gandhi Flays RSS, Accuses it of Trying to 'Divide India'