France beat Sweden to keep handball gold
France won its second consecutive Olympic gold medal in men's handball with a 22-21 win over Sweden.
London: France won its second consecutive Olympic gold medal in men's handball with a 22-21 win over Sweden on Sunday.
After trailing 10-8 at halftime, Sweden tried to get back into the match as France missed several chances.
Sweden player Johan Jakobsson scored on a penalty to make it 22-21 with one minute to go, but France held on for the win.
The result gave Sweden its fourth Olympic silver medal in handball.
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- PCB Refuses to Comment On BCCI President's statement on Indo-Pak Cricket Ties
- Pakistan Postpones SAARC Summit After Five Member Countries Pull Out
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India