France beat Sweden to keep handball gold
France won its second consecutive Olympic gold medal in men's handball with a 22-21 win over Sweden.
London: France won its second consecutive Olympic gold medal in men's handball with a 22-21 win over Sweden on Sunday.
After trailing 10-8 at halftime, Sweden tried to get back into the match as France missed several chances.
Sweden player Johan Jakobsson scored on a penalty to make it 22-21 with one minute to go, but France held on for the win.
The result gave Sweden its fourth Olympic silver medal in handball.
- CPI (M), CPI Back Vigilance Director Jacob Thomas in Kerala
- The Final Clinton-Trump Debate: Four Key Moments
- Dangal Trailer: Aamir Khan's Film Is All Set to Challenge Gender Stereotypes
- Trump Cites India's Growth Rate to Compare it With US Economy
- Donald Trump is Vladimir Putin's Puppet: Hillary Clinton
- As It Happened: India Vs New Zealand, 2nd ODI
- Amit Sadh Begins Shooting For Sarkar 3
- France Not so Involved in Efforts to End Syria War, Says Vladimir Putin