DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
France edge China in Hopman Cup opener
Marion Bartoli and Richard Gasquet beat Li Na and Wu Di 6-1, 6-1 in mixed doubles.
Perth: Marion Bartoli and Richard Gasquet beat Li Na and Wu Di 6-1, 6-1 in mixed doubles on Saturday to give France a 2-1 victory over China in the opening match at the eight-country Hopman Cup.
French Open champion Li had beaten Bartoli 2-6, 6-2, 6-4 in the first singles match at the Burswood Dome, and Gasquet tied it up topping Wu 6-1, 6-3.
Bartoli broke Li's serve in the fifth game of the final set to take a 3-2 lead, but Li broke back to level the set at 4 and took the match by breaking in the final game. Wu double-faulted on match point.
On Sunday, Australia will face Spain. On Monday, the United States will meet Denmark, and the Czech Republic will face Bulgaria.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO