French diplomat chargesheeted for raping daughter
Pascal Mazurier was on Monday chargesheeted for allegedly raping his three-year-old daughter.
Bangalore: French diplomat Pascal Mazurier was on Monday chargesheeted for allegedly raping his three-year-old daughter.
"City Police today chargesheeted Mauzurier under Section 376 of Indian Penal Code for raping his minor daughter," DCP (Central) Ravikante Gowda said.
Mazurier, deputy Head of Chancery in the Consulate of France, was arrested on June 19 on a complaint by Suja, a native of Kerala, that he had raped their minor daughter.
Earlier on Mon, High Court Judge HN Nagamohan Das adjourned to September 21 hearing of Pascal's bail plea after police informed the court they had filed the chargesheet before Additional
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Nagalinge Gowda.
Mazurier, Consular Attach to Consulate General of France here had moved the High Court on August 7, seeking bail.
In his petition, he had pointed out that as per the Forensic Sciences Laboratory (Bangalore) test report, his DNA profile did not match with that of the child.
On July 27, the Fast Track Court-I had rejected Pascal's bail plea, observing that "though DNA test has not tallied with the DNA profile of the accused, bail cannot be granted to him only on this ground."
Pascal was arrested on June 19 on a complaint by his wife alleging that he had raped his daughter.
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Arjun Kapoor, Shraddha Kapoor Bring 'Bollywood Dance Raita' to New York
- Ganesh Chaturthi 2016: Anil Kapoor to Shraddha Kapoor; Stars Bring Ganpati Home
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Sushant Singh Rajput Talks about Dhoni, Bollywood In His First Selfie Interview
- Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Won't Be Screened In Pakistan