French Minister consoles Thane-hit
PUDUCHERRY: French Minister of State for non-resident French Citizens, Edouard Courtial on Wednesday visited the families of..
PUDUCHERRY: French Minister of State for non-resident French Citizens, Edouard Courtial on Wednesday visited the families of cyclone- affected French citizens in Puducherry and Tamil Nadu.
Accompanied by Francois Richier, ambassador of France to India and Pierre Fournier , consul general of France, Puducherry, he visited people in Nellithope , Ezhil Nagar, Oulavarkarai in Puduchery and Kottakuppam in Villupuram district of Tamil Nadu.
Two French citizens, Zeba Malai from Nellithope and Nichon (41) from Thengaithittu died in the cyclone.
Zeba Malai died when a roof collapsed on her and Nichon was killed when a tree fell on him while he was riding his motorcycle, said Fournier.
The minister added that already the French government had extended financial assistance to all the affected people.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Ashwin Breaks Kapil Dev's 37-Year Old Home Season Record
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology