DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Bangalore: French diplomat's bail hearing today
Mazurier was accused by his Indian wife Suja Jones of raping their three-year-old daughter in June this year.
Bangalore: The Karnataka High Court will on Monday hear the bail plea of Pascal Mazurier, the French diplomat accused of raping his three-year-old daughter. Mazurier, who was the Chief of Joint Chancellerie in the Consulate of France, was arrested and sent to judicial custody after his Indian wife Suja Jones accused him of sexually harassing their daughter in June this year.
After having his bail plea rejected by a Fast Track Court in July, Mazurier moved the High Court on August 7.
On September 18, the Karnataka Police filed a chargesheet against him, charging him with rape.
"The investigating officer filed the charge-sheet against the accused in the Eighth Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (ACMM) Court on September 12. He is charged under section 376 of the IPC for raping his minor daughter. During the investigation he was found guilty," said DCP (Central) BR Ravikanthe Gowda.
Sources said that the 150-page chargesheet included more than 60 statements of witnesses, statements of both the complainant and the accused, medical certificates, reports of DNA tests, FSL reports and copies of other circumstantial evidence.
Recommended For You
- Dangal All Set To Beat Baahubali 2 At The Box Office, Earns 1523 Cr Worldwide
- Sonam Kapoor Takes The Plunge In A Dreamy Gold Gown On Cannes Red Carpet
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- An Opportunity For Manchester United To Provide Healing Touch to Their City