Friday Release 'A Good Day To Die Hard' is for fans
Fighting bad guys under impossible odds is the basic outline, and a good one at that.
With over-the-top action, crazy car chases and loud blasting action sets, John Moore's 'A Good Day To Die Hard' is the action movie to look forward to this weekend. This franchise, the fifth in the series, deals with secret agent-cum-father-son bonding over gun shots and blasts.
Fighting bad guys under impossible odds is the basic outline, and a good one at that! At a shooting range in the US, John McClaine (Bruce Wills), an ex-New York cop and a concerned father, learns that his estranged son Jack (Jai Courtney) has been imprisoned in Russia.
Thinking that his son is involved in some drug racket, he rushes to Russia. But when he lands there, he finds himself thrown in the midst of a political plot that is too complicated for him to understand or too meaningless for him to care about. For, all he is concerned about is the welfare of his son.
Jack, on the other hand, gets irritated when he sees his father. What adds to Jack's annoyance is his father's guilt trip with "I screwed it up. I blew the mission Jack". This whole father-son dynamic brings with it plenty of silly family drama moments, which really does not add to the overall film in any noteworthy way. The chief suspense is waiting to see if Jack calls John "Dad".
This family bonding occurs in the backdrop of mayhem and pandemonium caused by car-chases, shoot-outs, double-crosses, helicopter stunts and blasts. The climax includes a trip to a redundant nuclear vault in Chernobyl all to finish off the bad guys, the master minds of this political carnage, who in reality are actually nuclear weapons thieves.
The gags flow easily in Skip Woods' script, but it follows the same action-adventure assembly that one saw in the previous 'Die Hard' films.
- Lewis Hamilton Beats Title Rival Nico Rosberg to Pole
- Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg Feeling the Pressure, Says Toto Wolff
- FBI, Homeland Security to Probe Cyber Attacks That Disrupted Twitter, Reddit, Spotify
- DDoS attacks on Dyn, Amazon services shut down Twitter, Other Websites in US East
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh
- News360: Can Patriarch MSY Solve Chacha-Bhatija Spat?