DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
From Regulators, Become Enabling Agents: PM Modi to Bureaucrats
PM Narendra Modi delivers his address at 11th Civil Services Day Function at Vigyan Bhawan
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday urged bureaucrats to think out of the box and become enablers.
“There is need for qualitative change along with the increase in workload. From regulator, we need to be an enabling entity,” Modi said while addressing bureaucrats on Civil Services Day.
The PM asserted that he did not lack the political will needed to carry out reforms and asked officers to work together as a team to perform and transform. “To reform, political will is needed. I do not lack it…maybe I have a bit extra," he said.
Modi said that senior officers should introspect if their experience is becoming a burden. “Changing trends have altered the dynamics. Competition can play a big role in bringing a qualitative change,” the PM said.
He said hierarchy in bureaucracy remains an issue which has been inherited from colonial rulers and was not left behind in Mussoorie (where civil service academy is located).
Modi said the role of the government was very strong but things have changed since the last 15 years.
He also asked the civil servants to use social media, e-governance and mobile governance for the welfare of the people by reaching out to them.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish