DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Fugitive Catholic priest arrested in TN
The priest, a fugitive from US law, has been charged with molesting a 14-year-old girl in the US in 2004.
Chennai: Catholic priest Rev Joseph Palanivel Jeyapaul was arrested in Erode in Tamil Nadu on charges of molesting a child in the US when he was there during 2004, police said Saturday.
Acting on an alert by Interpol, Tamil Nadu police arrested Rev Jeyapaul, 57, Friday evening and presented him in a court in Erode which ordered that he be handed over to Interpol officials in New Delhi.
The Tamil Nadu police had traced Rev Jeyapaul to a church in Erode, around 335 km from Chennai.
The priest, a fugitive from US law has been charged with molesting a 14-year-old girl in the US in 2004 when he was at a pastoral ministry at Roseau county of Crookston Diocese in Minnesota.
He returned to India in 2005 and maintained a low profile. In 2010, the Archbishop of Madras Mylapore AM Chinnappa had asked Jeyapaul to return to the US to face the charges.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Unhappy With Head Coach Anil Kumble?
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Kangana-Ketan Battle: Another Filmmaker Accuses The Latter Of Hijacking His Film
- GST Effect: Ford Figo, Aspire, EcoSport Get Discounts Of Up To Rs 30,000
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London