DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Full text: Anna Hazare's letter to PM
Hazare has urged the Prime Minister to appoint a non-political person to head the Lokpal Bill redraft committee.
New Delhi: Anna Hazare has urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to appoint a non-political person as the chairman of the proposed 50:50 Committee to draft a new and stricter anti-corruption bill.
In a letter addressed to the Prime Minister, the veteran social activist and Gandhian, who has launched a fast-unto-death at New Delhi's Jantar Mantar, said that he not interested in holding any position in the proposed committee.
Here is the full text of the letter written by Anna Hazare:
Dr Manmohan Singh,
Hon'fble Prime Minister of India
Dear Dr. Manmohan Singh ji,
We were invited for talks by Shri Kapil Sibal yesterday (7th April, 2011). Swami Agnivesh and Arvind Kejriwal went and met him twice.
Following issues were discussed:
1) The government agreed to set up a joint drafting committee consisting of 50 per cent members from civil society.
2) The Government agreed that this committee should prepare its draft law by such time so that it could be presented in the monsoon session of Parliament.
3) The government proposed Mr Pranab Mukherjee to head this committee. I request you to reconsider this as people are demanding a non-political person as the Chairperson. Despite an outcry for me to be the Chairperson, I am not interested in holding any position. I propose the names of Justice JS Verma or Justice Santosh Hegde to be made the Chairperson.
4) All the above should be issued in the form of a notification or a formal government order which specifies the constitution of the committee, names of its members and Chairperson, time lines and terms.
K B Hazare
<iframe src="http://ns.ibnlive.in.com/embeds/pages/anna-hazare-tweets.htm" width="100%" height="400" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere