Full text: MEA's reaction to Pak's ceasefire violation
Two Indian soldiers were killed in the attack and their bodies subjected to barbaric and inhuman mutilation.
New Delhi: In a major escalation to the ceasefire violations and infiltration attempts, a group of Pakistan Army soldiers raided across the Line of Control in Mendhar Sector and killed two Indian soldiers and injured one more. India has summoned Pakistan High Commissioner and has lodged protest against the actions of the Pakistan army.
Following is the full text of the Ministry of External Affair's statement on the ceasefire violation:
New Delhi: Foreign Secretary Shri Ranjan Mathai summoned Pakistan High Commissioner to the Ministry of External Affairs on Wednesday and lodged a strong protest on the actions of the Pakistan army on January 8, 2013. Regular Pakistan troops crossed the Line of Control at Mendhar sector and engaged the Indian troops who were patrolling this sector.
Two Indian soldiers were killed in the attack and their bodies subjected to barbaric and inhuman mutilation. The Government of Pakistan was asked to immediately investigate these actions that are in contravention of all norms of international conduct and ensure that these do not recur.
Foreign Secretary recalled that the experts of both countries had met in New Delhi on December 27, 2012 to discuss conventional CBMs, wherein maintaining the sanctity of the LOC, one of the most important CBMs between the two countries, was emphasized.
- ISL 2016 Kicks Off with a Star-Studded Opening Ceremony
- India Should Start Talks with Pakistan: Sitaram Yechury
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- India 'Hiding' Casualties in Surgical Strike, Says Pakistan Army
- Unknown Person Files Income Tax Return in Kareena Kapoor's Name
- Honest Officers Being Removed Systematically: Kejriwal
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time