DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Full text: Rahul Gandhi's first speech as Congress V-P
An emotional Rahul also cited his grandmother and former prime minister Indira Gandhi's assassination.
The newly-appointed Congress vice president, Rahul Gandhi, on Sunday made an emotional pitch to the Congress in Jaipur and proclaimed his love for the people of the country and his party. While addressing the party members at the end of the two-day Chintan Shivir, Rahul thanked the party members for appointing him as the party's vice president and said, "I will fight for Congress and people of India with whatever I have."
Rahul also cited his grandmother and former prime minister Indira Gandhi's assassination and said that India needs hope of a systemic change to move the country ahead. Praising the current government, Rahul said, "All the development in India has been possible because of Congress and the governments led by it."
Following is the full text of Rahul Gandhi’s speech in Jaipur:
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Priyanka, Ranveer Extend Their Love to Sachin Tendulkar For His Biopic
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- 1st ODI: Morgan Slams Ton As England Crush South Africa