Full text: SIT closure report on Gujarat riots
A metropolitan court in Ahmedabad handed over the final copy of the SIT report on Gujarat riots to Zakia Jafri.
New Delhi: A metropolitan court in Ahmedabad on Monday handed over the final copy of the SIT report on the Gulbarg massacre to Zakia Jafri, a month after the Supreme Court-appointed SIT gave Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi a clean chit in the case. The report had sought a closure in the probe as it found no evidence against Narendra Modi.
Jafri, the widow of former Congress MP Ehsan Jafri who was among 69 persons killed in the Gulbarg society carnage, accused Modi and 57 others for alleged criminal conspiracy in the 2002 riots.
The SIT closure report has also faulted the Supreme Court-appointed amicus curiae's finding that he can be charged with certain offences related to the riots. Following is the complete text of the the controversial documents.
Recommended For You
- World RecordSubstitute Bangladesh Wicketkeeper Imrul Kayes Sets World Record
- revisiting old times!Rekha Is Ditching Kanjivaram Saris For Something Strange These Days
- What a hero!Atif Aslam Stops Concert Mid-Way to Rescue a Girl From Being Eve-Teased
- The Next GalaxySamsung Galaxy S8 Revealed: Price, Specs And Everything Else You Need to Know
- Virat SpeakVirat Kohli Interview: Captain Speaks For the First Time