Full text: SIT closure report on Gujarat riots
A metropolitan court in Ahmedabad handed over the final copy of the SIT report on Gujarat riots to Zakia Jafri.
New Delhi: A metropolitan court in Ahmedabad on Monday handed over the final copy of the SIT report on the Gulbarg massacre to Zakia Jafri, a month after the Supreme Court-appointed SIT gave Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi a clean chit in the case. The report had sought a closure in the probe as it found no evidence against Narendra Modi.
Jafri, the widow of former Congress MP Ehsan Jafri who was among 69 persons killed in the Gulbarg society carnage, accused Modi and 57 others for alleged criminal conspiracy in the 2002 riots.
The SIT closure report has also faulted the Supreme Court-appointed amicus curiae's finding that he can be charged with certain offences related to the riots. Following is the complete text of the the controversial documents.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Virat Kohli Tired of RCB's Repeated Failure
- New Chevrolet Beat to Launch in India on May 25
- Sonam Posts Emotional Message On Her Maternal Grandmother's Demise
- Ranbir Kapoor, Katrina Kaif Pose For a Fun Picture With Sayani Gupta
- Jennifer Lopez's Latest Outfit Proves There's No One As Bold As Her