DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Gaddafi's son Saif al-Islam arrested in Libya
The International Criminal Court prosecutor said on Sunday that Saif al-Islam has been arrested in Libya.
Amsterdam: The International Criminal Court prosecutor said on Sunday Saif al-Islam, the son of Libya's Muammar Gaddafi, had been arrested in Libya.
"Saif was captured in Libya," prosecutor Luis Moreno-Ocampo told Reuters. "We have confidential information from different sources that we have within Libya confirming this.
"It is very important to make clear there is an obligation to surrender Saif to the ICC in accordance with the Security Council resolution."
Libyan rebels said earlier that they had detained Saif and Gaddafi's eldest son Mohammed Al-Gaddafi.
In June the ICC issued arrest warrants for Gaddafi, his son Saif and Libyan intelligence chief Abdullah al-Senussi on charges of crimes against humanity after the UN Security Council referred the Libyan situation to the court in February.
Moreno-Ocampo said the rebel transitional national council in Libya had not yet been in touch with the ICC about the capture of Saif, but the prosecutor said he would be in contact with them on Monday to discuss the next steps.
Recommended For You
- May 24, 2004: When Hussain Walked Into the Sunset On His Own Terms
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Suresh Raina, Shikhar Dhawan Join Break The Beard Club
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish