Gagarin's daughter to register his trademark
Yulia has filed an application to register in the name of her father a trademark titled "Yury Alexeyevich Gagarin".
Moscow: The daughter of the world's first cosmonaut, Yury Gagarin, has filed an application to register in the name of her father a trademark titled "Yury Alexeyevich Gagarin".
"I do not consider it shameful given that everyone is making money on Gagarin's name. Why can't his family do it?" head of Russia's space agency Roscosmos, Anatoly Perminov said.
Gagarin's youngest daughter, Yulia, filed the application in the Russian Federal Service for Intellectual Property, Patents and Trademarks Jan 26 ahead of the celebrations of the 50th anniversary of the first manned spaceflight by Gagarin.
Yulia was born one month before the historical flight, April 12, 1961, which made Gagarin famous.
According to expert estimates, the Gagarin trademark is worth one billion rubles ($ 33.5 million).
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines