Galaxy S4 Active: Samsung announces waterproof Galaxy S4 variant
The Galaxy S4 Active keeps dust particles out and protects against water damage for up to 30 minutes of submergence at a depth of one meter.
New Delhi: Samsung has announced a new variant of its flagship smartphone, Galaxy S4. Named Galaxy S4 Active, the new smartphone is a waterproof, dust-proof Android smartphone.
According to Samsung, the fully sealed design keeps dust particles out and protects against water damage for up to 30 minutes of submergence at a depth of one meter. Equipped with a water-resistant earphone jack, the Galaxy S4 Active allows you to use earphones in more adventurous conditions. It lets you take underwater photos in a pool.
The phone has a 5-inch Full HD TFT LCD screen (443 ppi) and runs Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) OS. Its touchscreen can be operated while wearing gloves. The phone comes engineered with a 1.9 GHz quad-core processor and 2,600mAh battery.
The Galaxy S4 Active has an 8 megapixel rear camera with LED Flash light and a 2 megapixel front camera. The Galaxy S4 Active will be available for purchase beginning this summer, with initial retail in the US and Sweden. It will be offered in three different colour options - urban grey, dive blue and orange flare. Specific availability will vary depending on the market.
Samsung announced a Nexus edition running stock Android and a pint-sized version (Galaxy S4 mini) of the Galaxy S4 last month.
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN