Galaxy S4 smartphone explodes in Hong Kong, burns down owner's house
Firefighters rushed to the spot immediately and worked to douse the flames for over 30 minutes, say reports.
Mumbai: Hong Kong-based Du was in for a rude shock when his Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone exploded, burning his house down in the process, latest reports confirm.
Chinese website Xianguo.com reports that Du was listening to "Love Machine" on his phone when suddenly he heard a loud pop. Surprised, he threw the smartphone on his sofa, which soon caught fire. The fire then engulfed Du's entire apartment, where he lived with this wife. The two managed to have a narrow escape, but Du lost all his belongings.
This isn't the first time that we've come across reports of loss and damage caused due to explosions in smartphones as a result of fake parts used in phones. Du, however, claims that the parts of his Galaxy S4, including the battery chargers, were genuine.
Firefighters rushed to the spot immediately and worked to douse the flames for over 30 minutes, say reports. All furniture and appliances inside Du's apartment have been reduced to ashes. "Upstairs unit facades and terraces blackened by smoke, metal fence also burned," adds the report.
To read more visit: www.tech2.com
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
- We Look Forward to DRS Introduction in Future: Virat Kohli
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- 1st Test: Vijay, Pujara Put India in Command Against NZ on Day 3