Kolkata: Painter Ganesh Pyne dies of cardiac arrest
Pyne was one of the founders of the society of contemporary artists of Kolkata.
Kolkata: Celebrated painter Ganesh Pyne died of a cardiac arrest at a private hospital in Kolkata on Tuesday. The painter was 76.
Pyne started his acreer as a watercolourist in the Bengal School mode. He was one of the founders of the society of contemporary artists of Kolkata. He was highly influenced by the painings of Abanindranath Tagore.
Amongst the western painters Pyne was particularly influenced by Remrandt's shadow and light fusions.
- Pakistan Selectors Name Unchanged Squad for 3rd Test Against West Indies
- India can Produce up to 492 nuclear Bombs, Claims Pakistan Think-tank
- PM Nawaz Sharif has Become Security Risk for Pakistan, Says Imran Khan
- Misbah-ul-Haq Disappointed at West Indian Downfall
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Tatas File Caveats in SC, HC and National Company Law Tribunal