DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Gangrape protest: Journalists injured during police action
A senior journalist of a leading English newspaper was beaten up despite showing his identity card.
New Delhi: Mediapersons, who were covering protests against the gangrape of a young girl, on Sunday faced the brunt of police action with cops spraying water cannons on scribes and their equipment and even beating up some of them.
As protests reached a crescendo in the evening, media persons covering the protest at India Gate were allegedly targeted by the police.
A senior journalist of a leading English newspaper was beaten up despite showing his identity card. The injured journalist was taken to hospital.
A woman reporter and a cameraperson of separate English news channels suffered injuries when teargas shells exploded near them.
Recommended For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Judy Malware Hits Google Play Store Users, Upto 36.5 Million Devices Infected
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan