DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Gangrape: Sonia meets protesters, assures justice
In a surprise move, she came out of her residence and met protesters late Saturday night. She might meet more protesters on Sunday.
New Delhi: "I am with you...and justice will be delivered." This is what Congress chief Sonia Gandhi told a group of protesters outside her 10-Janpath residence shortly after midnight.
Making a surprise move, Gandhi came out of her residence at around 12.10 AM and talked to protesters for around 20 minutes over women security issues. She sat on the ground with protesters while security personnel encircled the group she was talking to.
According to a protester, Gandhi told them "I am with you. I can't tell when the justice will be delivered, but surely it will be. We will do something." The protesters when asked for a deadline, she said, "I can't give you a deadline but action will be taken."
Gandhi also expressed her desire to meet some of the protesters on Sunday morning and hear their grievances. Delhi has been witnessing a series of protests for the fifth day in a row with students today clashing with police at Raisina ill, the seat of power.
Recommended For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar