'Gangs of Wasseypur' writer gets threat messages
The film's writer Zeishan Quadri had received threat messages warning him not to ever set foot in Wasseypur again.
Mumbai: Director Anurag Kashyap seems wary of going to Wasseypur for the promotion of his film 'Gangs of Wasseypur' and says that he will pay a visit to the Jharkhand town only after the film's release.
"We will go to Wasseypur after the film's release, after it is screened at the Ray Theatre there. People there don't yet know what's in the film, but after the screening all their doubts will be cleared and then we will go to Wasseypur," the 39-year-old said here at a special screening of the film.
Reportedly, the film's writer Zeishan Quadri had received threat messages warning him not to ever set foot in Wasseypur again. Meanwhile, Kashyap hopes that 'Gangs of Wasseypur' will be his first commercial success.
"I have very high expectations...It has got a lot of commercial elements. I am expecting the film to be my first big commercial hit," he said.
'Gangs of Wasseypur' releases June 22 and has Manoj Bajpayee in the lead role. The film is based on the gang wars and the coal mafias in Wasseypur in Dhanbad district of Jharkhand.
Recommended For You
- Barcelona To Make Lionel Messi Highest Paid Player in Europe
- Ellen DeGeneres Pays Emotional Tribute To Barack Obama
- Donald Trump Inauguration: List of Artistes Attending the 'Big' Party
- 'Six King' MS Dhoni Joins Elite ODI List
- 5 Upcoming Smartphones With 8GB RAM: Samsung Galaxy S8, OnePlus 5, HTC 11 And More