'Gangs of Wasseypur' writer gets threat messages
The film's writer Zeishan Quadri had received threat messages warning him not to ever set foot in Wasseypur again.
Mumbai: Director Anurag Kashyap seems wary of going to Wasseypur for the promotion of his film 'Gangs of Wasseypur' and says that he will pay a visit to the Jharkhand town only after the film's release.
"We will go to Wasseypur after the film's release, after it is screened at the Ray Theatre there. People there don't yet know what's in the film, but after the screening all their doubts will be cleared and then we will go to Wasseypur," the 39-year-old said here at a special screening of the film.
Reportedly, the film's writer Zeishan Quadri had received threat messages warning him not to ever set foot in Wasseypur again. Meanwhile, Kashyap hopes that 'Gangs of Wasseypur' will be his first commercial success.
"I have very high expectations...It has got a lot of commercial elements. I am expecting the film to be my first big commercial hit," he said.
'Gangs of Wasseypur' releases June 22 and has Manoj Bajpayee in the lead role. The film is based on the gang wars and the coal mafias in Wasseypur in Dhanbad district of Jharkhand.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology