DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
McCullum replaces Ganguly as KKR skipper
New Zealand's Brendon McCullum has replaced Sourav Ganguly.
New Delhi: New Zealand wicketkeeper-batsman Brendon McCullum has replaced Sourav Ganguly as skipper of the Kolkata Knight Riders for their first match.
According to reports, McCullum will lead the side in their game on Sunday against the Deccan Chargers at Newlands, Cape Town.
The decision to appoint McCullum in place of Ganguly seems to be a part of the multi-captain theory proposed by coach John Buchanan.
It is unclear when Ganguly will be made the captain and whether other players in the side will also be given a chance to captain the side during the IPL.
The multi-captaincy theory had been met with a mixed response. Ganguly fans though will be very disappointed with this decision.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh