DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Gasquet upsets Ferrer to reach US Open semi-finals
Richard Gasquet reached his first grand slam semi-final in six years with a 6-3 6-1 4-6 2-6 6-3 upset win over Spain's David Ferrer.
New York: Frenchman Richard Gasquet reached his first grand slam semi-final in six years with a 6-3 6-1 4-6 2-6 6-3 upset win over Spain's David Ferrer at the US Open on Wednesday.
Playing in just the second grand slam quarter-final of his career, eighth-seeded Gasquet used his trademark backhand to near perfection as he closed out fourth-seed Ferrer in three hours and 23 minutes at Flushing Meadows.
"I thought he was a little bit nervous in the wind, so I played on that," said Gasquet. "I was a little bit tired but the last game was amazing for me. It's wonderful for me to be in the semis. It means a lot."
Gasquet will play second-seed Rafa Nadal for a place in Monday's final.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia