'Gatsby' trailer brings alive America of 1920s
Luhrmann gives a glimpse of the glamour of the roaring 1920s of America in his 3D film 'The Great Gatsby'.
Los Angeles: Baz Luhrmann has managed to give a glimpse of the glamour and excess of the roaring 1920s of America through the trailer of his 3D film 'The Great Gatsby'. An adaptation of the F Scott Fitzgerald classic, the film also marks the Hollywood debut of Amitabh Bachchan, who plays a small role of Jewish money lender Meyer Wolfshiem.
The actor appears twice in the trailer, which debuted worldwide today. The Warner Bros movie follows would-be writer Nick Carraway as he comes to New York City in the spring of 1922, an era of loosening morals, glittering jazz and bootleg kings.
Chasing his own American Dream, Nick lands next door to a mysterious, party-giving millionaire, Jay Gatsby, and across the bay from his cousin, Daisy, and her philandering, blue-blooded husband, Tom Buchanan. DiCaprio plays the elusive Jay Gatsby, while Mulligan stars as his love interest Daisy Buchanan. The story is told through Tobey Maguire, who plays Daisy's cousin Nick Carraway.
The film releases this Christmas in 3D.
Recommended For You
- FITNESS CONCERNSIndia vs England: Pacer Mohammed Shami Doubtful For Fourth Test
- Unbelievable?Aishwarya Rai's Recent Photo with Katrina Kaif, Madhuri Dixit Will Make Your Day
- Best of the best?Rannvijay or Prince? Who is The Best Roadie of All Time
- ExplosiveRaees Trailer: 6 Explosive Dialogues That Sum up SRK's Character Perfectly
- Worth it?LG V20 First Impressions Review: Can it Take on Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, Google Pixel XL?