'Gatsby' trailer brings alive America of 1920s
Luhrmann gives a glimpse of the glamour of the roaring 1920s of America in his 3D film 'The Great Gatsby'.
Los Angeles: Baz Luhrmann has managed to give a glimpse of the glamour and excess of the roaring 1920s of America through the trailer of his 3D film 'The Great Gatsby'. An adaptation of the F Scott Fitzgerald classic, the film also marks the Hollywood debut of Amitabh Bachchan, who plays a small role of Jewish money lender Meyer Wolfshiem.
The actor appears twice in the trailer, which debuted worldwide today. The Warner Bros movie follows would-be writer Nick Carraway as he comes to New York City in the spring of 1922, an era of loosening morals, glittering jazz and bootleg kings.
Chasing his own American Dream, Nick lands next door to a mysterious, party-giving millionaire, Jay Gatsby, and across the bay from his cousin, Daisy, and her philandering, blue-blooded husband, Tom Buchanan. DiCaprio plays the elusive Jay Gatsby, while Mulligan stars as his love interest Daisy Buchanan. The story is told through Tobey Maguire, who plays Daisy's cousin Nick Carraway.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Tahir and Ferguson Shine as Pune Humiliate Bangalore
- Sonam Posts Emotional Message On Her Maternal Grandmother's Demise
- Nehra Turns 38: Sachin, Sehwag Lead the Way in Wishing the Pacer
- Ranbir Kapoor, Katrina Kaif Pose For a Fun Picture With Sayani Gupta
- Sunderland Relegated from Premier League After 10 Seasons