'Gatsby' trailer brings alive America of 1920s
Luhrmann gives a glimpse of the glamour of the roaring 1920s of America in his 3D film 'The Great Gatsby'.
Los Angeles: Baz Luhrmann has managed to give a glimpse of the glamour and excess of the roaring 1920s of America through the trailer of his 3D film 'The Great Gatsby'. An adaptation of the F Scott Fitzgerald classic, the film also marks the Hollywood debut of Amitabh Bachchan, who plays a small role of Jewish money lender Meyer Wolfshiem.
The actor appears twice in the trailer, which debuted worldwide today. The Warner Bros movie follows would-be writer Nick Carraway as he comes to New York City in the spring of 1922, an era of loosening morals, glittering jazz and bootleg kings.
Chasing his own American Dream, Nick lands next door to a mysterious, party-giving millionaire, Jay Gatsby, and across the bay from his cousin, Daisy, and her philandering, blue-blooded husband, Tom Buchanan. DiCaprio plays the elusive Jay Gatsby, while Mulligan stars as his love interest Daisy Buchanan. The story is told through Tobey Maguire, who plays Daisy's cousin Nick Carraway.
The film releases this Christmas in 3D.
Recommended For You
- Team India Report Card: ODI Series Versus England
- West Bengal Tourism Ad Featuring SRK Is Winning the Internet With Its Sweetness
- Bigg Boss 10: When Salman Khan's Thunder Was Stolen by His Nephew Ahil
- Yamaha R15 v3.0 Revealed, India Launch Likely Later This Year
- Amazon Great Indian Sale Day 3: Deals on Moto X Force, Bose QuietComfort 25 And More