'Gattu' earns praises at Berlin Film Festival
The film won the award in the Generation KPlus category in which films meant for children are screened.
Berlin: An Indian film 'Gattu' directed by Rajan Khosa has been honoured with a special mention at the prestigious film festival 62nd Berlin film festival. The film won the award in the Generation KPlus category in which films meant for children are screened.
"I'm very thrilled," says Rajan Khosa, whose film is produced by the Children's Film Society of India. "To children, I wish to say, believe in your dreams
against all odds and your dreams will come true. And to adults, I wish to say, make sure all across the world, that no child remains on the street, but in the trustful environment of the school."
The film has the charming Mohammad Samad play an orphan who wants to escape working in his uncle's garbage recycling business in order to attend school.
"We had sold out shows of Gattu in Berlin, and I'm delighted with the response of the children. I had to sign 400 autographs," said an exhilarated Khosa, who is attending the festival with the film's co-writer Ankur Tewari.
"It is a proud moment for all of us in CFSI. Berlinale is one of the most prestigious film festivals in the world and the little street urchin Gattu won many a heart by his witty pranks and his determination to fulfill his dream," Sushovan Banerjee, CEO, CFSI, told PTI in New Delhi.
India earlier made a big splash with the Berlinale Special Gala screening of Farhan Akhtar's 'Don 2'. Shah Rukh Khan made Dieter Kosslick, Berlin Film Festival director, and Kirsten Niehuus, Managing Director, Film Funding, Medienboard Berlin-Brandenburg, which co-produced 'Don 2', dance onstage to the film's theme song.
- PM Modi's Sandesh2Soldiers Drive Draws Over 10 Lakh Messages
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans
- Govardhan Puja: An Important Part of the Celebrations of Diwali
- Shivaay Review: Ajay Devgn-starrer Is Seldom Compelling
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- Missing Home This Diwali? 7 Movies to Make You Feel Closer to Your Loved Ones
- Twitter to Launch Diwali Emoji, Will Be Available Starting 28 Oct