Geelani heckled by ABVP activists in Delhi
ABVP state secretary Rohit Chahal said his outfit will continue to protest against Geelani's presence at any seminars in the capital.
New Delhi: Pro-Pakistan hardline separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani was on Monday heckled at a seminar in north Delhi where he faced angry protests from activists of ABVP, the student wing of BJP.
As Geelani arrived at the venue in Civil Lines area, Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) protesters gheraoed him and shouted slogans demanding him to leave the venue.
Geelani had arrived at around 4 pm for the seminar organised by Centre for the Study of Developing Societies (CSDS).
The protesters asked him to leave the venue amidst chants of 'Vande Matram'.
Early intervention by the police saved Geelani from any physical attack. The policemen escorted him inside the venue. ABVP state secretary Rohit Chahal said his outfit will continue to protest against Geelani's presence at any seminars in the capital.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show