Geelani heckled by ABVP activists in Delhi
ABVP state secretary Rohit Chahal said his outfit will continue to protest against Geelani's presence at any seminars in the capital.
New Delhi: Pro-Pakistan hardline separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani was on Monday heckled at a seminar in north Delhi where he faced angry protests from activists of ABVP, the student wing of BJP.
As Geelani arrived at the venue in Civil Lines area, Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) protesters gheraoed him and shouted slogans demanding him to leave the venue.
Geelani had arrived at around 4 pm for the seminar organised by Centre for the Study of Developing Societies (CSDS).
The protesters asked him to leave the venue amidst chants of 'Vande Matram'.
Early intervention by the police saved Geelani from any physical attack. The policemen escorted him inside the venue. ABVP state secretary Rohit Chahal said his outfit will continue to protest against Geelani's presence at any seminars in the capital.
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal
- No Mercy: Stage Set For Big Showdown Between Mulayam and Akhilesh Camps
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check