DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Geelani heckled by ABVP activists in Delhi
ABVP state secretary Rohit Chahal said his outfit will continue to protest against Geelani's presence at any seminars in the capital.
New Delhi: Pro-Pakistan hardline separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani was on Monday heckled at a seminar in north Delhi where he faced angry protests from activists of ABVP, the student wing of BJP.
As Geelani arrived at the venue in Civil Lines area, Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) protesters gheraoed him and shouted slogans demanding him to leave the venue.
Geelani had arrived at around 4 pm for the seminar organised by Centre for the Study of Developing Societies (CSDS).
The protesters asked him to leave the venue amidst chants of 'Vande Matram'.
Early intervention by the police saved Geelani from any physical attack. The policemen escorted him inside the venue. ABVP state secretary Rohit Chahal said his outfit will continue to protest against Geelani's presence at any seminars in the capital.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere