Sohrabuddin case: Geetha Johri misleading CBI
She had filed eight status reports in Sohrabuddin case but never complained about Hyderabad Police.
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Additional Director General of Police (ADGP) Geetha Johri may be misleading investigators in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case.
Sources have told CNN-IBN that Geetha's claims that the then joint commissioner of Hyderabad Balwinder Singh had failed to cooperate during her investigation into the Sohrabuddin case have been found to be false.
She had filed eight status reports in Sohrabuddin case but never complained about Hyderabad Police including Balwinder Singh.
She had appeared before the Central Bureau of Investigation on August 26 in connection with the case. It was the second round of questioning for the former CID supervising officer in the Sohrabuddin fake encounter case.
Geetha, posted with CID (crime) between 2007 and 2009, was the supervising officer of the fake encounter probe. She is accused of conducting inadequate investigations.
Following her interrogation she had complained to the CBI Director that she was being pressurised to implicate top politicians including former Gujarat minister of state for home Amit Shah. Shah has already been arrested by the CBI in the case.
She even asked for Balwinder Singh to be removed from the current investigation, citing a conflict of interest as she had questioned him during her investigation into the Sohrabuddin case.
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- Kabaddi World Cup 2016: Coach Dedicates Title Win to Uri Martyrs
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District