I was forced to send false emails to Geetika: Kanda aide
Chand Shivroop had sent emails to Geetika saying she could face criminal charges by the Dubai government for not repaying a loan.
New Delhi: Former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda's aide Chand Shivroop on Wednesday turned an approver in the Geetika Sharma suicide case. Chand was arrested for sending false emails to Geetika, which threatened that she could face criminal charges by the Dubai government for not repaying a loan.
Chand has told police that Kanda threatened him to send false emails to Geetika by saying that he would otherwise be sacked from the company. Chand was an employee in Kanda's office.
Nearly a month after the city police had filed a chargesheet against him in Geetika Sharma suicide case, Kanda had on Thursday moved Delhi High Court against the trial court's order dismissing his bail plea. On September 20, the trial court had denied bail to the former minister, who has been in jail since August 18, saying further probe was needed in view of a police report that the victim was pregnant in March this year. "In the police file, there is report of a private gynaecologist which shows applicant/accused and victim had visited the clinic on March 9, 2012 and the victim woman was pregnant. This may be one of the causes for her first suicide note dated May 4," the court had said.
Twenty-three-year-old Geetika was found dead on August 5 at her Ashok Vihar residence in North West Delhi. In her August 4 suicide note, Geetika said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and his aide Aruna Chaddha, co-accused in the case. They, however, denied the charge.
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
From Our Network
- Rising MNS is bad news for Shiv Sena: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil agitation helped BJP to counter its bitter ally- FirstPost
- Ramdev pegs 200% growth for Patanjali this year; promises big ticket investment in Madhya Pradesh - Pradesh18
- CM Nitish Kumar wishes speedy recovery to injured Mamata Banerjee’s nephew - Pradesh18