Geetika case: Aruna Chaddha's custody extended
Aruna Chaddha was produced in the court after expiry of her 14-day judicial custody.
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Thursday extended till September 11 the judicial custody of former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda's employee Aruna Chaddha, accused in the Geetika Sharma suicide case.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (ACMM) Devender Kumar Jangala remanded Chaddha to 12-days judicial custody after the police said that the investigation in the case is still going on.
Chaddha was produced in the court after expiry of her 14-day judicial custody. The police had failed twice to secure the custody of 40-year-old Chaddha as the investigators were unable to give fresh and cogent reasons to the court for her custodial interrogation.
She had remained in police custody for eight days. Police had again sought her custody to confront her with case's key accused Kanda, who is also in judicial custody till September 11, and the documents recovered at the behest of the former Haryana minister after his arrest and custodial interrogation.
Chaddha was arrested on August 8 when she was called by the police for questioning and was later sent to judicial custody on August 16 for 14 days.
Kanda was arrested on August 18 after he had surrendered before the police, almost 13 days after former air hostess Geetika Sharma was found hanging in her flat on August 5 at her Ashok Vihar residence in north-west Delhi. He remained in police custody for a total of 10 days.
In the suicide note found at her residence, 23-year-old Geetika had said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and now-defunct airlines MDLR official Aruna Chaddha. Both Kanda and Chaddha have been accused of abetting Geetika's suicide.
- My Character in Rock On 2 Goes Through an Internal Conflict: Farhan Akhtar
- 'Rock On!!' Was Shraddha Kapoor's Favourite Film During Her Growing Up Years
- Tata Sons Disbands Group Executive Council Set up by Cyrus Mistry
- Cyrus Mistry Removed as Chairman, Ratan Tata Takes Interim Charge
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 8: Celebrities Get Malik Status, Indiawale Fight Among Themselves
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- US Condemns Terror Attack in Pakistan's Quetta