Geetika suicide case: HC rejects Aruna's bail
Delhi HC will pass a detailed order later on bail plea of Chaddha, who is one of the accused in the case.
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court has dismissed the bail plea of Aruna Chaddha, an accused in former flight attendant Geetika Sharma's suicide, adding that it will pass a detailed order later.
Chaddha worked in the now defunct MDLR Airlines where Geetika, 23, too was an employee. Former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda, owner of the airlines, is the prime accused in the case. Both Chaddha and Kanda have denied any involvement in the suicide.
Chaddha was arrested on August 8 and the trial court rejected her bail plea Oct 15. Geetika accused Kanda and Chaddha in a note of harassing her and forcing her to commit suicide. She died on the intervening night of Aug 4-5 at her house in Delhi.
Charges of criminal intimidation and abatement to suicide were slapped on Kanda and Chaddha after Geetika's suicide.
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- I'm a Gujarati at Heart, Says President Pranab Mukherjee
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about the 2-day BRICS Summit
- Samajwadi Party Truce: Akhilesh Yadav to Reinstate Shivpal Yadav, 3 Ministers
- Akhilesh Fantastic CM but Needs Time to Be Mass Leader: Amar Singh
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party