Geetika suicide case: HC rejects Aruna's bail
Delhi HC will pass a detailed order later on bail plea of Chaddha, who is one of the accused in the case.
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court has dismissed the bail plea of Aruna Chaddha, an accused in former flight attendant Geetika Sharma's suicide, adding that it will pass a detailed order later.
Chaddha worked in the now defunct MDLR Airlines where Geetika, 23, too was an employee. Former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda, owner of the airlines, is the prime accused in the case. Both Chaddha and Kanda have denied any involvement in the suicide.
Chaddha was arrested on August 8 and the trial court rejected her bail plea Oct 15. Geetika accused Kanda and Chaddha in a note of harassing her and forcing her to commit suicide. She died on the intervening night of Aug 4-5 at her house in Delhi.
Charges of criminal intimidation and abatement to suicide were slapped on Kanda and Chaddha after Geetika's suicide.
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- Grandmother of Captured Indian Soldier Chandu Babulal Chavan Dies of Shock
- India Shouldn't Unilaterally Scrap Indus Waters Treaty: Medha Patkar
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Will Tell India What is Real Surgical Strike: Hafiz Saeed