Genres don't define success: Telugu producer
Raju recently produced the highly successful Telugu family-drama 'Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu'.
Chennai: Telugu producer Dil Raju believes that it is not the genre, but the content of a film that decides its fate at the box office.
"Films succeed because of content, and not particularly because of some genre they belong to. We have seen films even with superstars failing at the box-office because of poor content,and on the other hand, we have had successful films with unfamiliar faces thanks to rich content," Raju told IANS.
"Even though I have made several commercial films over the years, I have always given top priority to content and I will continue to do so," he added.
Raju recently produced the highly successful Telugu family-drama 'Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu'(SVSC) and says the film worked only because of its content.
"While the presence of the star actors (Mahesh Babu and Venkatesh) certainly attracted audience to the cinema, I strongly believe the film clicked because of the content. The audience could relate to the characters on screen and thus instantaneously liked the film," he said.
In his decade-long career,the producer has delivered several successful Telugu films such as 'Arya','Bommarillu','Kotha Bangaru Lokam' and 'Brindavanam'.
Raju's upcoming project is Telugu action-drama 'Yevadu' with Ram Charan Teja. He has also roped in director Vasu Varma of 'Josh' fame to direct the romantic-drama 'Lover',set to go on floors soon.
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire in Kathua District, 1 BSF Jawan Injured
- Search Operations in Baramulla for the Second Time
- Curfew, Restrictions in Kashmir Ahead of Friday Prayers
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- Iraqi Forces Prepare to Retake Key Areas in Mosul