Georgian Lasha wins gold in men's judo 66-kg
The 20-year-old Lasha Shavdatuashvili defeated Miklos Ungvari of Hungary in a tense final.
London: Lasha Shavdatuashvili of Georgia won an Olympic judo gold medal on Sunday in the men's 66-kilogram category.
The 20-year-old Shavdatuashvili defeated Miklos Ungvari of Hungary in a tense final. Shavdatuashvili managed to score with a throw after sweeping his opponent's foot in the first few minutes of the match.
It is Shavdatuashvili's first Olympic medal. Shavdatuashvili defeated one of the favorites, Masashi Ebinuma of Japan, in the semifinals with a match-ending ippon.
The bronze medals were won by Masashi Ebinuma of Japan and Cho Jun-ho of South Korea.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology