DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Georgian Lasha wins gold in men's judo 66-kg
The 20-year-old Lasha Shavdatuashvili defeated Miklos Ungvari of Hungary in a tense final.
London: Lasha Shavdatuashvili of Georgia won an Olympic judo gold medal on Sunday in the men's 66-kilogram category.
The 20-year-old Shavdatuashvili defeated Miklos Ungvari of Hungary in a tense final. Shavdatuashvili managed to score with a throw after sweeping his opponent's foot in the first few minutes of the match.
It is Shavdatuashvili's first Olympic medal. Shavdatuashvili defeated one of the favorites, Masashi Ebinuma of Japan, in the semifinals with a match-ending ippon.
The bronze medals were won by Masashi Ebinuma of Japan and Cho Jun-ho of South Korea.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment