Georgian Lasha wins gold in men's judo 66-kg
The 20-year-old Lasha Shavdatuashvili defeated Miklos Ungvari of Hungary in a tense final.
London: Lasha Shavdatuashvili of Georgia won an Olympic judo gold medal on Sunday in the men's 66-kilogram category.
The 20-year-old Shavdatuashvili defeated Miklos Ungvari of Hungary in a tense final. Shavdatuashvili managed to score with a throw after sweeping his opponent's foot in the first few minutes of the match.
It is Shavdatuashvili's first Olympic medal. Shavdatuashvili defeated one of the favorites, Masashi Ebinuma of Japan, in the semifinals with a match-ending ippon.
The bronze medals were won by Masashi Ebinuma of Japan and Cho Jun-ho of South Korea.
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day