Gere goes gaga over Kumaraswamy
Richard Gere praised Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy's initiative to stay at the home of an HIV affected person.
New Delhi: Hollywood actor Richard Gere has joined a host of celebrities in India to spread the message among commercial sex workers.
The Pretty Woman actor on Saturday, lauded Karnataka Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy's initiative to stay at the home of an HIV affected person to remove the stigma attached to the disease.
Gere, who was accompanied his actress wife Carey Lowell in Bangalore, said the Chief Minister deserved support and encouragement for his endeavour.
Kumaraswamy had announced his decision to stay at the house of an HIV-afflicted person at a village in Bagalkot district on January 23 at the launch of project "Samastha", HIV prevention and care programme on Wednesday.
According to estimates, there are more than five lakh HIV/AIDS affected people in Karnataka.
(With inputs from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Fit-Again Shami & Shreyas Iyer Officially Added to Squad
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis Review: Is It The Car For You?
- Gionee A1 Review: A Phone That's Custom Made For Selfie Lovers
- Life Review: Dialogues Win In This Space Battle Between Human, Alien
- Phillauri Review: Anushka-Diljit's Love Tale Will Work Its Way Into Your Heart