Germany calls for prosecution of Somali pirates
The German ambassador said his country wants to assist the Somali justice system to prosecute piracy suspects.
United Nations: Somali pirates must be prosecuted and imprisoned, and "adequate structures" need to be established to reach that goal, the deputy permanent representative of Germany to the United Nations has said.
Miguel Berger said this while addressing a Security Council meeting on piracy off the coast of Somalia, Xinhua reported.
The German ambassador said his country wants to assist the Somali justice system to prosecute piracy suspects in accordance with international standards.
He called for neighbouring countries to contribute to the efforts to prosecute piracy suspects.
Pirates have recently intensified their activities in the Indian Ocean and Gulf of Aden.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Tale of Two Sessions That Cost Hosts the Pune Test
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- Which Visiting Spinner's Performance in India Has Been the Best?