Germany stun Australia in Davis Cup World Group
Germany turned turn a 1-2 deficit into a 3-2 victory to retain a berth in the Davis Cup World Group.
Berlin: Germany staged a remarkable comeback against Australia to turn a 1-2 deficit into a 3-2 victory to retain a berth in the Davis Cup World Group in Hamburg, Germany.
Florian Mayer cruised to a straight 6-4, 6-2, 6-3 victory over Bernard Tomic to make it two all Sunday, reports Xinhua.
Youngster Cedrik Marcel Stebe finally sealed the win for Germany with a stunning victory over Lleyton Hewitt in three straight sets 6-4, 6-1, 6-4.
Stebe, world No. 127, started with 0-3 deficit into the first set but remained unfazed to win against world No.75.
"It is the biggest success of my career," Stebe said after the win.
Thus Germany ensured their berth at the World Group, Australia stay another year in Asia/Oceania Zone Group I.
"This victory calls for a celebration," Germany tennis team manager Patrick Kuehnen said.
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- Airtel Offers 10GB of 4G Mobile Data at Rs 259
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Triple Talaq Seriously Affecting Freedom, Rights of Women, Says BJP's Tamil Nadu Unit
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan