DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Germany take an unassailable 3-0 Fed Cup lead vs France
Julia Goerges beat Pauline Parmentier 6-4, 6-2 in the first tie on Sunday.
Limoges, France: Julia Goerges beat Pauline Parmentier 6-4, 6-2 on Sunday to give Germany an unassailable 3-0 lead in the Fed Cup.
Goerges relied on her booming serve and powerful groundstrokes to secure victory on the red clay of the Beaublanc indoor arena in Limoges.
She saved two break points early in the match before capitalizing on an unforced error to break Parmentier's serve at 3-3. The German hit a forehand winner down the line to win the first set.
The 19th-ranked Goerges dropped serve once in the second set, but she broke Parmentier three times for a 5-2 lead. She clinched victory when Parmentier sent a forehand into the net.
Germany won the opening singles on Saturday to lead 2-0. Sabine Lisicki downed Parmentier 7-5, 7-5 while Goerges defeated 6-3, 7-6 (5).
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan