Ghajini beats DDLJ, becomes biggest domestic earner
Aamir Khan starrer Ghajini is on its way to create history.
New Delhi: Aamir Khan starrer Ghajini, which released to packed houses on December 25, is on its way to create history by taking over the mantle of the biggest domestic earner so far, leaving behind Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge.
Ghajini, a romantic action thriller that explores the life of a rich businessman who suffers from short-term memory loss following a violent incident, has earned Rs 200 crore in less than two weeks from its release.
The film has grossed Rs162 crore in domestic markets and Rs 39 crore have come from overseas markets till end of second week. The film is still running to packed houses and may cross more milestones.
Ghajini, a film that introduced Asin to Hindi cinema opposite superstar Aamir, was released with 1,200 prints in the domestic market and in a lot of small towns where films are not often released in the first week.
In the overseas market, it is now second only to Karan Johar's hit film Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham which collected Rs 440 crore.
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- The Camps: Split Wide Open in UP's First Family, Who Stands Where
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav Dumps Shivpal Yadav, Three other ministers
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh
- SP's Abu Azmi Lashes Out at Amar Singh, Blames him For Crisis in Party