Ghajini beats DDLJ, becomes biggest domestic earner
Aamir Khan starrer Ghajini is on its way to create history.
New Delhi: Aamir Khan starrer Ghajini, which released to packed houses on December 25, is on its way to create history by taking over the mantle of the biggest domestic earner so far, leaving behind Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge.
Ghajini, a romantic action thriller that explores the life of a rich businessman who suffers from short-term memory loss following a violent incident, has earned Rs 200 crore in less than two weeks from its release.
The film has grossed Rs162 crore in domestic markets and Rs 39 crore have come from overseas markets till end of second week. The film is still running to packed houses and may cross more milestones.
Ghajini, a film that introduced Asin to Hindi cinema opposite superstar Aamir, was released with 1,200 prints in the domestic market and in a lot of small towns where films are not often released in the first week.
In the overseas market, it is now second only to Karan Johar's hit film Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham which collected Rs 440 crore.
Recommended For You
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards
- Steve Smith Reaches Career-High Rating After Pune Test