Ghaziabad: Armed men loot trader near MLA, SSP's house
Eyewitnesses say the men came in a car, overtook Ramesh Chand's Skoda car and opened fired.
New Delhi: The deteriorating law and order situation was once again highlighted once again on Tuesday when some men robbed an iron trader Ramesh Chand a few meters from the house of a MLA in Ghaziabad. The miscreants stopped Chand's car outside the MLA's house in Ghaziabad's Kavi Nagar and looted cash and goods worth Rs 12 lakh from him.
The place where the robbery took place is also very near the residence of Senior Superintendent of Police. Eyewitnesses say the men came in a car, overtook Chand's Skoda car and opened fired. When Chand stopped his car, the men forced him to open its door and looted Rs 10 lakh in cash and some costly items costing about Rs 2 lakh.
Even the window panes and glasses of Chand's car's were broken by the miscreants, who took almost 20 minutes to carry out the crime. They then fled without any resistance from either the eyewitness or the police force.
The police have failed to trace the robbers till now.
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials
- Lukewarm Response to Second India-NZ Test at Eden Gardens
- Amit Mishra Toils Hard in Optional Practice Session
- Need to Create Pressure for Longer Spells, Says NZ Coach Mike Hesson
- 8 Times Ranbir Kapoor Wowed us With His Radical Approach Towards Life
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan