Two criminals shot dead in UP town
The two men had hijacked a doctor's car at gunpoint and fled.
Ghaziabad: Two men were shot dead after they hijacked a car and opened fire at an Uttar Pradesh Police party in the Khoda locality in Ghaziabad, a senior officer said on Monday.
The men, who are yet to be identified, hijacked the car from a doctor at gun point late on Sunday.
"Three men stopped a doctor in Mohan Nagar locality here. The criminals were in a Santro car. Two of them, after threatening the doctor, got into his Maruti Swift car and fled," Senior Superintendent of Police Akhil Kumar told IANS.
The doctor then called the police helpline number 100 and a police team started following them.
"When the police tried to intercept them, they opened fire. The two men were then killed in cross firing. Two country made pistols were recovered from the hijacked Maruti car.
The third man who was driving the Santro escaped. A hunt is on to nab him," Kumar adde
Recommended For You
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- IPL 2017: Chairman Rajeev Shukla to Miss Auction in Bengaluru