Ghaziabad: Man rapes, murders 6-year-old neighbour
When the girl began crying out loud, the accused strangled her, smashed her face with bricks and stabbed her with a screw driver.
Ghaziabad: A widower and father of a six-year-old girl has been held for raping and murdering his neighbour's six-year-old daughter in Ghaziabad, police said Tuesday. Ravi, a painter, confessed to have killed the girl under the influence of drugs the night of January 9, Senior Superintendent of Police Prashant Kumar told reporters.
Kumar said Ravi had consumed calmpose tablets and when he spotted the girl, he promised to give her toffee, lured her into a field and raped her. When the girl began crying out loud, he strangled her, smashed her face with bricks and stabbed her with a screw driver.
Ravi lived in Subhash Nagar, the locality where the girl's parents lived too and often used to come to their house. The girl went missing January 9 and was found dead on January 10.
Angry people of the locality blocked the national highway forcing police to use force in which about 50 people were injured. Nearly 700 people were also booked for rioting.
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Kabaddi World Cup 2016: Coach Dedicates Title Win to Uri Martyrs
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District