Ghaziabad: Murder accused dies in police lock-up
While a fellow prisoner has alleged that the victim was tortured to death, police officials dismissed the charges.
Ghaziabad: The main accused in a double murder case was found dead under mysterious circumstances inside a Ghaziabad police station lock-up on Sunday. The dead man Vineet Sharma was arrested along with another accused Narendra for allegedly murdering a CISF constable and his wife in Ghaziabad.
Vineet, the brother-in-law of the killed CISF constable, and Narendra had been arrested by a team of Uttar Pradesh Police from Hathras. Vineet's body was found hanging in the police lock-up. An enquiry has been ordered with police claiming that Vineet committed suicide.
However, a fellow prisoner has alleged that the victim was tortured to death, police officials dismissed the charges.
SSP Nitin Tiwari ruled out allegations of custodial death, saying that Vineet committed suicide and the post-mortem report will bring out the truth.
Stressing that a thorough inquiry will be conducted into the matter, Tiwari said no departmental official will be spared if found guilty.
Narendra, however, has alleged that they were given third degree torture and Vineet died of electric shocks.
Constable Suresh Kumar Sharma and his wife Babli were found dead in the CISF staff quarters on April 24.
(With additional information from PTI)
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms
- Rock On 2 Trailer: Farhan, Shraddha, Arjun All Set to Bring Back Magik
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against UN-Designated Terrorist Outfits
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- After Cross-LoC Strikes, Indian High Commissioner Summoned By Pakistan
- Gareth Bale Wants More European Glory after Champions League Win
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18