Ghaziabad: Murder accused dies in police lock-up
While a fellow prisoner has alleged that the victim was tortured to death, police officials dismissed the charges.
Ghaziabad: The main accused in a double murder case was found dead under mysterious circumstances inside a Ghaziabad police station lock-up on Sunday. The dead man Vineet Sharma was arrested along with another accused Narendra for allegedly murdering a CISF constable and his wife in Ghaziabad.
Vineet, the brother-in-law of the killed CISF constable, and Narendra had been arrested by a team of Uttar Pradesh Police from Hathras. Vineet's body was found hanging in the police lock-up. An enquiry has been ordered with police claiming that Vineet committed suicide.
However, a fellow prisoner has alleged that the victim was tortured to death, police officials dismissed the charges.
SSP Nitin Tiwari ruled out allegations of custodial death, saying that Vineet committed suicide and the post-mortem report will bring out the truth.
Stressing that a thorough inquiry will be conducted into the matter, Tiwari said no departmental official will be spared if found guilty.
Narendra, however, has alleged that they were given third degree torture and Vineet died of electric shocks.
Constable Suresh Kumar Sharma and his wife Babli were found dead in the CISF staff quarters on April 24.
(With additional information from PTI)
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines