Ghaziabad: Youth burns mother to death over dowry
The woman was allegedly murdered by her family members in Rasoolpur village on January 18.
Ghaziabad: A youth, along with his father and grandmother, has been booked for allegedly burning his mother to death in Dhaulana area of Ghaziabad, police said on Sunday. The woman was allegedly murdered by her family members in Rasoolpur village on January 18, and the matter was reported to police by the neighbours, they said.
On a complaint by victim's father Dalchand on Saturday, a case was lodged against the accused Sajan, his father Satish, mother-in-law Vidya and two others, SHO Shyamlal Pandey said. The complainant alleged the family members of his daughter, married 17 years ago, had been harassing her for dowry.
While Satish and Vidya have been arrested, a manhunt has been launched to nab Sajan, who is still at large, said Pandey. The body of the victim has been sent for post-mortem and further investigations are on, he said.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone